Happy Birthday, John Bartlett

Today is the birthday of John Bartlett, he of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations. It's also the birthday of my Aunt Linda, who, like me, keeps a list of her favorite quotes. In honor of their birthdays, here are some from my collection. Feel free to add your own in the comments.

What other people think of me is none of my business. -- Rupaul

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson

In the afterlife, we will sit around talking about the good old days when we wished we were dead. -- Samuel Beckett

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. -- Carl Sagan

If you torture data sufficiently, it will confess to almost anything. -- Fred Menger

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to. -- W. C. Fields

Nothing is a waste of time when you use experience wisely. --Auguste Rodin

Have faith and pursue the unknown end. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

To be interested in the changing seasons is…a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. -- George Santayana

Comments

  1. "Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink." -- Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

    "Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it." -- Winston Churchill to Lady Astor

    ReplyDelete
  2. help!!! how do you get the cute little sk-rt link at the bottom of every post. i keep pasting the code in, but nothing happens. i'm doing something wrong. i went to the template, clicked expand widgets, and pasted it after post... but nada. what do i do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my birthday yesterday, too! I love these quotes...may I add one of mine?
    "Laughter is the closest distance between two people." Victor Borgia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening