Monday, September 22, 2008

Back in Houston

I really hate blogs where people only talk about themselves -- soooo boring -- but I thought you might like an update.

Joni
may have had a point about the value of sticking it out without electricity. Emmet and Becca have a LOT to learn. Becca is currently attached to me like a barnacle, alternately demanding cereal (there's no milk!) and cartoons (bonjour, no t.v.). So I'm glad we came back a little early, at least. Although I'm not terribly hopeful that they'll learn anything except a more aggressive form of whining.

Still no power, although, miraculously, our across-the-street neighbors got power yesterday evening. We've dragged an extension cord to our house so we can have fans, at least. I'm also cruising someone's wifi so I can post this. Okay, who's the spoiled brat now?

Also we're dogsitting. It's a long story.

In Bridge City, about 1/4 of the town -- something like 2,000 people -- have no place to live. But now I have to stop talking about it because it makes me so sad.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are home safe. The Grand Ole Flag post made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you get power soon!!

    also? i'm going to have "you're a grand old flag" in my head all friggin day now

    ReplyDelete