Back in Houston

I really hate blogs where people only talk about themselves -- soooo boring -- but I thought you might like an update.

Joni
may have had a point about the value of sticking it out without electricity. Emmet and Becca have a LOT to learn. Becca is currently attached to me like a barnacle, alternately demanding cereal (there's no milk!) and cartoons (bonjour, no t.v.). So I'm glad we came back a little early, at least. Although I'm not terribly hopeful that they'll learn anything except a more aggressive form of whining.

Still no power, although, miraculously, our across-the-street neighbors got power yesterday evening. We've dragged an extension cord to our house so we can have fans, at least. I'm also cruising someone's wifi so I can post this. Okay, who's the spoiled brat now?

Also we're dogsitting. It's a long story.

In Bridge City, about 1/4 of the town -- something like 2,000 people -- have no place to live. But now I have to stop talking about it because it makes me so sad.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are home safe. The Grand Ole Flag post made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you get power soon!!

    also? i'm going to have "you're a grand old flag" in my head all friggin day now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening