In related news, Ed Wade was named General Manager of Gothamist LLC this morning


Gothamist LLC closed their site, Houstonist, today. As far as I was concerned, Houstonist created some of the most useful (and certainly unique, and most definitely updated) content on the Internet. I have always thought that the one place the magic interwebs sometimes fail to deliver was on information to be used in, you know, the fleshy world. To me, Houstonist did a good job of bridging that gap.

I'm still not sure how this was anything but a good deal for Gothamist: there were certainly ads on the pages, and page views. It appears that the site was built on the same code base that they already had -- and continue to use -- for their other sites. Contributors to the site were not paid. So in spite of steady income, minimal expenses and free labor, Gothamist couldn't turn a profit?

I guess it doesn't matter now. So long, Houstonist. My thanks and best wishes to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coookies

The End of Mommy Blogs

The Bikini Wax: An Internal Dialogue