The History of Glamour


To tell you the truth, I had never heard of Theresa Duncan or James Blake until I read the article about their suicides in Vanity Fair. The article isn't gut-wrenchingly sad, just a bizarre story. But then I watched the animated film that they put out a few years ago called The History of Glamour, and now I'm incredibly sorry that they aren't around to do more like it. The film, which appeared in the Whitney Biennial in 2000, is so slyly funny and sincere and says a lot of things I wish I could articulate in such an ingenious way.

If you have 40 minutes, I highly recommend it. Especially for you, Decorno and SGM.

Now where can I get my hands on Chop Suey, the video game Duncan produced that David Sedaris narrated?

Comments

  1. Ok, I will have to see it.
    I read the article about this dynamically dea duo in New York Magazine. I think it was supposed to be a tribute of sorts, but it just made them out to be creepy paranoid and self-involved losers. Sorry to speak ill of the dead, but there you have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they were so heartstoppingly gorgeous, weren't they? With brains too. What a shame. Is the whole History of Glamour online? I'll have to check it out.
    I looooove David Sedaris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about this when it happened... It all seems like such a waste.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening

All About the Boy