Huzzah -- I've been invited to a cookie swap. Now I need some help figuring out which cookies to make. There's the Nutella cookies , which are molto delicioso . Or these lovely Trios that I brought to the swap last year. They taste fine, but they're mostly pretty. Or these Brown Butter-Brown Sugar Shorties -- even their creator, Smitten Kitchen , acknowledges aren't the most attractive things, but they are (supposedly) delicious. Or the Peanut-Butter-with-a-Hershey's-Kiss cookies. Everybody likes those, and they're easy. What are they called, anyway? [Please do not say, "PB Blossoms" because that is majorly gay.] Or bourbon balls . Because they will get you drunk. Care to weigh in?
If you have a day to kill I'd suggest a trip to Camden. It's about 2 hours from Portland. Camden is the most adorable New England town. The drive there takes you past the outlets. Have lunch at Cappy's Chowder House overlooking the marina, and shop the cute boutiques downtown. Grab a lobster roll from a roadside vendor on your way home that night for dinner.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.visitcamden.com
Yep, I've done Camden, though it might merit another trip. One of the times I went they were filming a Mel Gibson movie there (in the pre-"sugar tits"/Jesus-freak days). Thanks for the suggestion. I love your site.
ReplyDeleteDear Mamacita,
ReplyDeleteSurely you realize by now that we live vicariously through you. You have been in Maine for TWO WHOLE DAYS, and yet you haven't posted any pictures or even any gloating about how it isn't 95 degrees there. Please throw your fans a bone.
Regards,
Soletrain