Monday's Outing


Went to the Farnsworth Art Museum yesterday. I hadn't planned to go in, having seen the Wyeths in the permanent collection already, but I saw that there was a big Alex Katz exhibition. It turns out that it was an exhibition of paintings that Alex Katz had donated to the museum -- works of other artists. But I was glad that I went anyway.

There was also a Louise Nevelson exhibition. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but it was an interesting experience. They had works from her very early days, when she was painting, all the way through her most prolific days of sculpture. I always like seeing an artist's progression, watching how they work out ideas for themselves.

Okay, that's all the pretentiousness I have for now.

P.S. Alex Katz spends his summers in Lincolnville, ME; Louise Nevelson is from Rockland and Hunt Slonem is from Kittery. Didn't know that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening

All About the Boy