Oh, Cool

Start with a design...

Have you ever wanted to design your own fabric? Spoonflower lets you come up with a design that they print on cotton for $16 a yard. In the words of a satisfied user:

I am an architect and have been working with programs like Photoshop for years, but Spoonflower really opened up a new world for me: fabric design. It's a service that let's you upload an image to a web site and the company prints the design as a pattern on 100% cotton fabric. Their customer service is great, and I think the fabric is reasonably-priced: it costs $18/yard, not counting shipping, and an individual 8x8-inch swatch is $5. The site is still in beta, so I had to request an invite to use Spoonflower, but a week after contacting them I was experimenting with patterns and ordering fabric.

Check out the flickr pool.
End with a skirt.

HT: Cool Tools

Comments

  1. Literally drooling at the prospects... thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I am only now finding your blog? Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening