Nom Nom Nom

In honor of Rosh Hashanah, and breaking the fast of Yom Kippur, I present Grandma Shirley Crackers. Grandma Shirley is my Aunt Linda's stepmother-in-law, so we're totally related. Actually, I keep thinking I need some more Jewish friends. Those people can cook (see Smitten Kitchen, Foodmomiac, et. al.), and, from what I hear, can hold their own in a bar. How was I born an Episcopalian?

Grandma Shirley Crackers*

20 graham crackers

1 c butter

1 c brown sugar

1 c chopped almonds

1 c chopped pecans

Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and arrange graham crackers evenly on the surface. Combine butter, sugar, and nuts in a saucepan and bring to a foamy boil on the stovetop. Spoon the mixture over the graham crackers. Bake crackers at 350 for 8 minutes – they will get foamy again. Remove from oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving. Crackers will be even better on the second day.


*Not made from Grandma Shirleys.

Comments

  1. you have one Jewish friend, moi!

    hey - what's your aunt's (kind of) name? I may be related to her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening