My Favorite After-Christmas Sale


After Christmas I usually feel (temporarily) flush from the gifts of cash.  I mean, Lord knows I should save it or something, but that's... not happening.  For the past couple of years I've used the money to buy art books that are generally expensive and not urgently necessary, and thus never quite make it to the top of my shopping list.

Last year I bought Tibor Kalman, Perverse Optimist and Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel, both of which made me so happy.

This year I bought And the Pursuit of Happiness (love) and 13 Words (love less, but it's Maira Kalman, so...).  It was nice to get a package on my doorstep again; I got used to that happening everyday in December.  [I did not miss the overly-friendly FedEx dude.  We don't need to hug, sir.]

Poking around on Apartment Therapy today I noticed that Phaidon is having a warehouse sale (online, even).  Unfortunately, I don't feel so very flush any more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening