What mamacita is...


I'm not sure there was a plot here, but it was a very enjoyable read.


Great show! These two Canadian women pick a cookbook off the shelf -- sometimes a "classic" and sometimes a current one -- and make 6-8 recipes from it.  You watch them make the recipes, see their foibles, and hear their commentary.  At the end they have a local chef come by to taste their dishes.  Then they tell you the skill level required for the book's recipes and whether or not it's "a must-buy."  [So far they've only said that about one of the books, though, so their opinions are actually worthwhile.]

I feel sure this show is going to be corrupted by being on the Oprah Winfrey Network.  Instead of cooking from popular and classic cookbooks, they're going to have to review shit like Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook.  On the other hand, I'm glad OWN picked it up, or I would have missed it altogether.

Feel free to ask me anything about the OWN, by the way. I am apparently the only person who was excited enough about it to watch all the shows at least once.

photo via Flickr and CityMama
Looking over the recipe again, I realize that I forgot to take out the bay leaves before I pureed it. Guess they're not fatal; tasted pretty good, actually. Also: white pepper? Pfft. 

Truly, give this one a try -- it's delicious.

Comments

  1. Oh, I like the idea of "Grocery Bag." Although I have to say I'm jealous they got to it first.

    It also makes me want cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to say, cable kinda rocks. We went without it for a couple of years, and we survived, obviously, but it really is awesome to have cable + DVR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The, um, soup fairy gave me some of this; and I tried it tonight. It was very good, and I actually am glad that you didn't use white pepper -- I may be a philistine, but I don't like monochromatic food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening