How all the cool people celebrated 4/20

I ditched work and got high!

Uh, where "ditched work"=asked for the day off weeks ago. And where "got high"=went to a flower show. 'Cause I'm PUNK AS FUCK.

[The thing is, I wasn't completely forthcoming about why I wanted to take the day off. No one asked, so I didn't mention it. And then I stayed up too late last night, so I went to work with bloodshot eyes. If my boss ever finds out about 4/20, I'll have some 'splainin to do.]

Florescence is a flower show that comes to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston every two years. There is a flower arranging competition, a photography competition, and a horticultural competition. Nonnie came to Houston and joined me and Uncle John for the festivities. As ever, I forgot my camera, so below are some crappy cellphone pics.

But next year for sure: Golden Gate Park.

The gardenia table.
This is some kind of succulent. I think it was named elephant something-or-other.
Bourbon Rose Souvenir de Malmaison will make a maximalist out of anyone.
Flower arrangement made in the shape of a turban. I love how it looks against the Warhol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening