Thursday, April 7, 2011

OMG I LOVE ART, TOO!

via Sarah Sprague, via the LA Times:



latimes:
“Earlier this week U by Kotex launched a collaborative contest with costume designer Patricia Field, inviting people to redesign the maxi pad,” says Deborah Netburn. “Ridiculous marketing ploy? Clearly. But if you check out the 600-plus colorful maxi pad submissions the company has collected on its website since Monday and don’t find yourself coveting at least some of them, you are a stronger woman than I.”
Photo: The Banksy-inspired maxi pad. Credit: Courtesy U by Kotex.
Please make in shark design.
Other ideas:
The horse head scene from The Godfather.
A hipster version with a "retro" belt attached.
Officially licensed Tina Fey pads.
Officially licensed Alexander McQueen one with a trompe l'oeil vadge.

Yours?

6 comments:

  1. No no no no no you did NOT just say shark design. My law, that is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Prom scene from Carrie, natch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie! Perfect. A little Sissy Spacek for your britches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious. Completely nuts but not nearly as crazy as a RE-USABLE pad or MENSTRUAL CUP that is being suggested by some for sustainability. OY. I will do my part in other ways. Viva la tampon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this, I gave a huge smile. This is a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incorporating art in pads? May sound absurd but real cute.

    ReplyDelete