Gung Hay Fat Choy, Y'all


I got totally obsessed with Chinese New Year this year. Papi and I have been cleaning out closets, bookshelves and cabinets, and we've thrown away tons of junk. Last night as he was drifting off to sleep, I woke him up in a panic because we still had a box stored under the bed -- bad feng shui. Today I threw out the paperwhites (white= color of mourning) and we hung up some paper lanterns. I also replaced the coins I used to have hanging in the corner of the living room (I gave them to my friend Shana as a housewarming present, and she came into a windfall immediately, FYI).

Which makes me realize that I'm rather superstitious for, you know, an Episcopalian.

Now Becca and I are about to work on the crafts we found here; then I'm off to buy a kumquat tree. Here's wishing you a prosperous new year.

Photo via flickr, with thanks to sachman75.

Comments

  1. Happy Chinese New Year to you! last night my friend hosted a party with no white, lots of red, and tons of food and booze. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening