Egg Muffins

Well, we can't go a whole day without a food post, can we?

I decided that I wanted to feed the kids eggs for breakfast instead of cereal. That's when Letitia told me about egg muffins, which I found a recipe for at Kalyn's Kitchen. I liked the idea of egg muffins, but not the rigamarole of baking and then freezing them. As I may have mentioned (endlessly), I don't use my oven on days when we're running the air conditioner. [Yes, this amounts to 6 months of the year.] Also, Kalyn's recipe just seemed like it involved extra steps -- after all, eggs cook well in the microwave. So today we gave it a shot.

First I sprayed a silicone muffin pan* with Pam. Then I scrambled some eggs and poured them into the pan and added cheese, turkey lunchmeat and chopped green onions. I nuked the muffins for 3 minutes. The result was pretty good. I still need to tinker with cooking times, because some of the muffins cooked much faster than the others.

If you try it, be sure to let me know how it goes.

*We started the day with a 12-muffin pan, which would not fit in the microwave. All we had to do was cut it with scissors and, ta-da, two 6-muffin tins. You could also use one of these silicone muffin cups, shown above.

Comments

  1. I think the individual cups are really the only solution to the uneven cooking problem -- with a six-slot pan, some of them will inevitably be closer to the center of the microwave, and you won't be able to rotate them out closer to the edge.

    Did Big E actually eat something with flecks of green in it? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done scrambled eggs in the microwave -- they aren't as good as in a skillet, but for the speed and convenience it's hard to beat. These sound much yummier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening