Weekend Roundup

Friday afternoon I spent at the park with the kiddos and our usual Friday afternoon gang. Then we just chilled at home, although for some reason I don't think we ate dinner. Saturday morning E&B had soccer games, then we went to lunch at Berryhill with a gang of people. Saturday evening Papi and Becca went to the Girl Scouts Father-Daughter dance while Emmet went to his buddy Graham's house.

That night I went to the Barbecue Cookoff with Letitia and Cayce. What a party -- all the food you can eat plus all the beer and liquor you want for free. TONS of people there. We ate three plates of barbecue (three different places to try, you see), plus a funnel cake. I am definitely going back next year. Big thanks to Carl (Mr. Cayce) for getting us the tickets! Too bad we didn't have Mammy around to tell us
"If you don't care what folks says about this family, I does. I has told you and told you that you can always tell a lady by the way that she eats in front of folks like a bird, and I ain't aimin' for you to go to Mr. John Wilkes's and eat like a fieldhand and gobble like a hog."
On Sunday I somehow convinced Emmet to weed the flowerbeds in the backyard. I went to Costco (God, I love that place). We had a family fundraiser at the YMCA in the afternoon, then I went to pick up Uncle John from the airport. John took me to dinner at Houston's, where, in a fit of penitence, I ordered a salad -- which was smothered in dressing. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening

All About the Boy