Drink of the Week: Rusty Nail

My Grandpa Oliver used to eat watermelon with salt. He also ate cornbread mashed up in a bowl and covered with milk and sugar. His favorite dessert -- the one he requested every year for his birthday -- was Pineapple Upside Down cake. And this is the drink he always ordered at The Pompano Club:

Rusty Nail

1.5 oz. Scotch
.5 oz. Drambuie
lemon peel

Pour the Scotch and Drambuie into an old-fashioned glass almost filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with the lemon twist.

Comments

  1. when i was in the salvage business, we used to have an annual party called the wreckers ball. we would serve rusty nails, screwdrivers and velvet hammers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome. I love screwdrivers -- especially frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving props to Grandpa! I seemed to miss him more this year than in years past. I didn't remember the rusty nail, but you always were more observant than I. I'll order a rusty nail next chance I get and toast to Ollie Baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening

All About the Boy