Gift Guide 2008: I Love My Mom, Part I

Time for another installment of ... Greatest Hits: Gift Edition. This time, a gift I actually gave. Now, whether or not the recipient would call it a "greatest hit" isn't really the issue. 'Tis better to give than receive, so who cares what she thinks, right? [Just kidding, Momma!]


A couple of years ago I drew my mom's name in the Secret Santa draw at Granny's house. The parameters -- NOT THAT ANYONE ELSE FOLLOWS THEM -- call for a gift of $25 or less. I gave my mom $25 worth of red tulip bulbs. She planted them en masse in her garden, and every time she looked at them in bloom I'm sure she thought about her favorite daughter.

Comments

  1. What an awesome gift! I might have to steal that idea for my mom this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening