Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gift Guide 2008: I Love My Mom, Part I

Time for another installment of ... Greatest Hits: Gift Edition. This time, a gift I actually gave. Now, whether or not the recipient would call it a "greatest hit" isn't really the issue. 'Tis better to give than receive, so who cares what she thinks, right? [Just kidding, Momma!]


A couple of years ago I drew my mom's name in the Secret Santa draw at Granny's house. The parameters -- NOT THAT ANYONE ELSE FOLLOWS THEM -- call for a gift of $25 or less. I gave my mom $25 worth of red tulip bulbs. She planted them en masse in her garden, and every time she looked at them in bloom I'm sure she thought about her favorite daughter.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome gift! I might have to steal that idea for my mom this year!

    ReplyDelete