The End of Mommy Blogs
I like to believe that's Dr. Pepper in the bottle. Papi had to talk me down off the ledge again last night. I was having my bimonthly emotional crisis*. This time it was brought on by reading too many good-mother blogs. When I first stumble across these I find them inspiring. The moms take professional-quality pictures of children in clothes that they personally sewed from vintage fabric. They make healthy dinners using the organic, locally-grown produce they find at the farmer's market, which of course their children are delighted to eat. Their children eschew Pokemon in favor of Waldorf toys and have yet to watch a television program. They go on "simple living" kicks while simultaneously posting at least daily about the perfectly hip items they found that they COULD buy, because they're also somehow not teetering on the brink of financial apocalypse. They live in mint-condition midcentury houses that are featured on Cookie's blog. All of these things...

My husband and I *heart* Joel McHale, so I really, really wanted to like it. But neither of us thought it was that great. We'll give it one more shot. For Joel.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even understand it...why are they in school? What's happening? I hope it gets better with #2.
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch it but I LOVE Joel McHale I figured I'd catch it OnDemand. Sounds like I should skip it..yes, no?
ReplyDeleteI know, I love him too, but this just ... wasn't good. I'm hoping maybe they were just trying to get things set up, and maybe it will get better next week. You could just wait for that.
ReplyDeleteI have a very simple, no-fail method for picking out comedies...if the commercials aren't funny, the show won't be either. This one didn't sell me by the commercials so I didn't even put it on the short list...sorry Joel.
ReplyDelete