Thumbs Up: Pride


Vanity is a kind of pride, isn't it? Here we go, new stuff I've liked:

1. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer with SPF. Excellent coverage, lightweight, non-irritating. Lots of people recommended it, but I hesitated because it's expensive. Naturally, I now love it.

2. Curling your eyelashes. I tried it a few years ago and couldn't tell the difference. Now I can see that it definitely looks better. Probably because I am getting old and withered.

Thumbs Down:

1. Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat. Lots of people rave about this, too, but I still don't see it. The first time you squint it sets up in your wrinkles. No thanks.

2. & 3. Benetint Lip Balm and Benetint Pocket Pal. Damn you, Benefit, for making the perfect color in TWO formulas that disappear almost instantly. I could have forgiven the Lip Balm, and just reapplied it more often, but you have to put it on with your fingers, which I hate. Anybody have any luck with Tarte?

Comments

  1. Curling the eyelashes - a very strange ritual that has wonderful results, especially if that eyelash curler is by Shu uemera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's turn to good ol' Mary Bennet for the difference between vanity and pride:

    "Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonimously [sic]. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us." (P&P, I.v)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate having to apply things to my lips with my fingers. Uck... who knows where those fingers have been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, Meg. And then what do you do with the greasy stuff left on your finger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Could not agree more on the benetint for lips. The color is gone by the time you put the thing back in your purse.


    2.YSL and Benefit and Laura Mercier???? Whhhaaaa??? Is there some big Texan oil tycoon sugar daddy we don't know about???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, not so much. I'd invite you over to swim in my pool of La Mer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening