Big Day in Literary History


Today is the birthday of Alexandre Dumas, John Graves and Zelda Fitzgerald. Reading the synopses of their lives makes me think I want to celebrate today with a happy ending for a change. Off to the massage parlor I go!

Okay, maybe not. But it does bring me to one of my soon-to-be-patented Theories of Life. Since you asked so nicely, I will share it with you:

One day, when I was stuck in a rough spot in my life, I happened to pick up a copy of Time magazine. In it was a brief article on Narrative Therapy [click for a very lame explanation]. The idea is that therapists can help their patients get through their problems by having them write and understand their personal stories. What I took away was that, in many cases, I could get "un-stuck" by trying to write the happy ending to whatever story I had going on. It doesn't sound especially revolutionary, but I have found that to be a good way of looking at things. I am always telling myself that things will be all right; I just need to write the happy ending.

Useful advice on this blog? Now I have seen everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening