Introducing the Blogging Friends of Mamacita: Part II


Okay, more friends:

Manuscript Transcription is one of the many projects of my friend Ben Brumfield. I can't say I have any idea what he's talking about most of the time, but it's probably really interesting and groundbreaking stuff. That's the kind of guy Ben is. Ben is one of my oldest friends; when he was a senior in high school, he let me steal his acolyte and turn him into Papi Chulo, so I'm ever so grateful for that.

But the best thing Ben ever did was marry Sara of Sara Brumfield's Blog. Sara is a native of the Austin area, a software developer, an entrepreneur and a Parenthacker extraordinaire. She always runs across interesting things.

Ben also introduced me to John, a.k.a. Soletrain, of The Last Shall Be First. If I cared at all about men's shoes or whiskey I would probably even read his blog. Well, okay, he does have other posts, and they're all kinda good. Plus he makes a mean limoncello. And he's also babysitting for me tomorrow, so I guess I'd better be nice. But don't read his blog -- he doesn't want you to.

Finally we come to The Unbearable Lightness of Blogging, where Angela makes regrettably infrequent updates on the goings and doings of the Pixies. She also has excellent taste in music and, of course, in friends. I'm ready for her to come home and play with me again!

Honorable mention: Emily of EmilyStyle is an inspiring blogger, fully worthy of the "Sublime" category. We've only exchanged a couple of comments, but I'd like to think of her as a friend. If her blog isn't in your reader, well, it should be!

And Emily's blog mentions that today is National Friend Day. Now ain't that a coincidence?

Comments

  1. Hey, did you know that Blogger comments are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops.

    Did you know that Blogger is locale-sensitive? On my screen, you comment form says:
    Şuraya Yorum Gönder: What Would Jane Austen Do?

    Anyhow, thanks for the kind words and the link -- and Papi Chulo wasn't exactly my acolyte -- he compared my unflatteringly with Willie Stark pretty often, as I remember.

    Of all my blogging friends, you're the only one my sister-in-law reads, because, um, yours is actually entertaining, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening