Houston on the Tee Vee


Tonight at 10 p.m. I will be watching a show on Channel 8 called, "Houston: Hot Town, Cool City." It is a locally-produced film about the hidden wonders of Houston and what makes Houston a good place to live.

I know you're thinking that the show has potential to be one of those dreary booster productions that defensively point out that Houstonians don't all wear cowboy boots and own oil wells. I HATE it when people get defensive about Houston -- I mean, it is what it is, and if you can't see the value in that, then you don't deserve to live here. One reservation I have about the project is that it claims to be about the part of Houston that is "under the radar," but really -- who hasn't heard about the Menil Collection?

Still, I just watched the trailer and it looks like a pretty straightforward film of some influential Houstonians talking about a few of the city's cultural institutions. I'm sure I will learn something I didn't know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening