Summer Preview


Summer is almost here, and I'd be lying if I said I were happy about it. It's already pretty ding-dang warm and humid. Still, for some reason no doubt related to my overall geekiness, I always get excited about a change in seasons. I have my recipes separated by season, and I have a different candle to burn every season; new seasons call for rotating clothes and purses; new t.v. shows and maybe a new iPod playlist. I'm feeling a very Mexican summer coming on:

The Oaxacan dress
(they're anywhere from $50-150 online;
I got mine at the Fiesta supermaket for about $20)
Mrs. Meyer's Lemon Verbena Cleaning Supplies
(useful if I ever decide to clean anything)

And boy do I wish I had some zinnias growing in my yard.
I've settled for using this image as my desktop background:


(BTW: This image is from a blog called Gardening While Intoxicated)

Of course, margaritas, guacamole and shrimp campeche are a part of my life year-round. I would try limiting myself to the summer months, but we could never stand to be apart for long.

Comments

  1. I'll pay you money if you wear that Mexican wrestling mask out in public (though not when you're with me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if fiesta sells those mexican dresses in toddler sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do! I think I saw a 2T. Becca and I have matching red ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a new ipod playlist is ALWAYS in season!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening