Taking Care of The Girls

I like Ellen Warren's shopping column for the Chicago Tribune, but I have to disagree with her on one point, here: $39 is absolutely not "too much" to spend on a bra. I am vehement about this. Bras are support for The Girls. Proper support means that you look and feel better. $39 is a bargain for what you are asking a bra to do. Think of it this way -- you are attempting to carry 5 pounds or so of human tissue in an elastic slingshot all day. Do you want to give this job to the lowest bidder? I will acknowledge that those who are less endowed may find happiness at a lower price point than those who are more endowed. But, even worse news, Ellen: you need many bras. You need to change them out every day. Yes, you will have to invest in your bras. [Perhaps you will have to cut back on the Hummel-wannabees.] It will be worth it.

P.S. Hi Angela! Your favorite topic!!

Comments

  1. Ha. Mine are WAY less than 5 pounds, but I agree wholeheartedly. A good bra is a work of art, and worth every penny. Even those of us without much to support need the help. (In my case, without a good bra, I look like I have no chest at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored to actually be a label on your blog. Even now I'm blushing with pride. Perhaps I should go out and treat myself - maybe with a new pair of shoes or, dare I say it, a bra!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Abecedary of ...

Reading/ Watching/ Listening